Bandwidth bottlenecks can slow data traffic, sometimes at the last mile. This is because most fiber optics networks do not extend all the way to the businesses in need of service. Southern Telecom provides metro dark fiber service laterals and backbone fiber that can deliver this last mile to ensure fast connections in the Southeast. Southern Telecom's solutions will eliminate bandwidth as an impediment to your growth without major capital expenditures or maintenance obligations.
Additionally, fast direct access to Southern Company assets and to transmission and distribution rights of way help speed development of new points of service throughout the Southeast. For instance, use of an idle steampipe network running under metropolitan Atlanta enabled Southern Telecom to lock in valuable real estate and accelerate the permitting and construction process to better serve key buildings.
Should your business require network monitoring, in addition to network access, Southern Telecom can provide the services of our network operations center (NOC). The NOC is the monitoring hub and nerve center for Southern Company telecommunications.
Network Operations Center:
- 24 X 7 operations
- Alarm and performance monitoring
- Problem diagnosis and solution implementation
- Remote testing
- Dispatch and notification services for hub owners
- Coordination and assignment of preventative maintenance, unscheduled repair of failed equipment and installation of system upgrades or improvements
- Network availability data